There are 2.95 billion monthly active users on Facebook. Furthermore, there are about 200 million businesses using the platform.
With that said, you’re probably wondering how your brand or organization can stand out among a sea of users on the social network.
One simple way to capture your audience‘s attention and keep them engaged is by asking questions or using icebreakers. Not sure what to ask? We’ve compiled 60 Facebook questions you can ask your audience.
60 Questions to Ask on Facebook
Fill in the Blank
- Fill in the blank: My favorite writer is ___.
- Fill in the blank: My favorite TV show is ___.
- Fill in the blank: The last song I listened to was ___.
- Fill in the blank: The last concert I went to was ___.
- Fill in the blank: My favorite movie is ___.
- Fill in the blank: The best time to wear a striped sweater is ___.
- Fill in the blank: My favorite blog is ___.
- Fill in the blank: My favorite fast food restaurant is ___.
- Fill in the blank: The best season is ___.
- Fill in the blank: The best place to vacation is ___.
Pro Tip: Try to ask questions that have to do with your niche or industry. For example, if you’re a lawn care company, you could post, “The best time to mow the lawn is ___.” Questions like this can help you learn more about your audience.
If you just want your audience to have fun, you can use movie or TV show quotes instead, such as the Spongebob reference included above.
What’s your favorite thing?
- What’s your favorite song?
- What’s your favorite summer activity?
- What‘s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite song to sing at karaoke?
- What’s your favorite thing to order off our menu?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- What’s your favorite comfort food?
- What’s your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite holiday movie?
- What’s your favorite social media platform?
Pro Tip: Create a fun graphic to make your post stand out on your audience’s feed. See the example below.
If You Could Only Pick One
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could only listen to one song, what would it be?
- If you could only bring one thing to a deserted island, what would it be?
- If you could only have one app on your phone, what would you choose?
- What’s one thing you want to accomplish this week?
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- If you could only see one musician in concert, who would it be?
- If you could only watch one TV show forever, what would it be?
- If you could bring back one discontinued snack, what would you choose?
- If you could only experience one season for the rest of your life, what would it be?
What We Like: These questions are fun and can be great ice-breakers for an early morning post when Facebook users want a lighthearted start to their day.
This or That
- Coffee or tea?
- Cartoons or live-action?
- Comedy or drama?
- Wine or beer?
- Cats or dogs?
- A very hot summer or a super cold winter?
- Heels or sneakers?
- A dance song or a ballad?
- Rock or Hip-Hop?
- Morning person or night owl?
- What is your favorite childhood toy?
- What was the best vacation you ever took?
- What was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?
- What was your first job?
- Which of our past logos is your favorite?
- What was the first product you ever ordered from us?
- What was your favorite game to play growing up?
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- When was the last time you went to the beach?
- What was your graduation song?
Pro Tip: Use this question to form an emotional connection with your consumers by asking questions about when they first used your products or services.
- What is the first thing you’d buy if you won the lottery?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
- What would you wish for if a genie could grant you three wishes?
- Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world?
- If you could be a character in any TV show, what show would you pick?
- If you could have dinner with any famous person, dead or alive, who would you pick?
- What would you do if you could time travel?
- If you could have an unlimited supply of any of our products, what would it be?
- If you could relive any moment from your life, what would it be?
- What would you do if you had an extra hour in the day?
Questions and icebreakers are excellent, low-effort ways to boost engagement and spark conversation among your followers. They also allow you to build a closer relationship with your audience.
For even better results, make sure to like or reply to answers whenever possible. Most importantly, remember to have fun with your questions.